Quick Search (Advanced)
Browse Bands: Heavy Metal | Speed/Power/Progressive Metal | Thrash Metal | Black Metal | Death Metal | Doom Metal | Miscellaneous

Toxik (US)
Quote:Resurrected cult classic progressive thrashers TOXIK are mixing their long-awaited comeback album "In Humanity". According to a press release, this CD "will encompass everything TOXIK is known for, as well as some surprises."

The band is currently rehearsing for its first U.S. shows in over 20 years, as well as for the Keep it True festival and subsequent European tour that will start later this month.
Visit this user's website
Quote this message in a reply
Glad to hear they're still together and making a new album.
That's pretty awesome I wonder what parts of the country they'll be hitting specifically. One my favorite tracks is "There Stood The Fence". =)

Fucking awesome news!! Smile
Toxik is awesome! I was lucky to see 'em live in NYC years ago. I think World Circus is their best album.
New song. What do you think?

Don't you think this should be in Torture Your Ears thread? Tongue

Okay this new song by Toxik is so boring that this may as well be playing something that a grove metal bands would play if they still exist. This prove that Thrash seem to be on life support right about now.
My band page:
Bloody Rage Bandcamp
Bloody Rage SoundCloud

My Band's Blog page:
Bloody Rage Main Site

Quote:Your priorities Are wrong. Your faith Is blind. Crush the weak Uphold the strong. Burn the brains Of mankind.
-Amebix - Fear Of God (1985)
Ugh, yeah, it really should go there, don't you think? Tongue

Some of the riffs sound OK, but the vocals are just forgettable.
Yeah, I am very disappointed by Sabin in this vocal performance. He was amazing back in the day!
(07-14-2017, 03:55 PM)Temple of Blood Wrote: Yeah, I am very disappointed by Sabin in this vocal performance. He was amazing back in the day!

I'm gonna be the guy who says "That was 30 years ago...all singers age".
Song is ok. Sabin is just....alright. definitely not in his prime as he was on Think This. still i won't mind hearing the ep.
Quote:Juiceman (Dopeman that's my shit) to be a dopeman you gotta qualify don't get high off ya own supply

http://nastymetalproductions.forcesofsteel.com/
X-Morta/Bandcamp.com
NastyMetalProdcuctions/YouTubeChannel
HeavyThrashhed/Soundcloud.com
I personally like the new song! They're gonna be releasing Breaking Class on August 14. I look forward to it. It's a 3 song EP.
(07-15-2017, 05:09 PM)FinalShawn Wrote: I'm gonna be the guy who says "That was 30 years ago...all singers age".

And this week I'm driving around in the car listening to the fates warning live album with John arch. He still sounds great.

I think the problem is that sabin hasn't sung metal in 25 years.
(07-16-2017, 11:49 AM)Temple of Blood Wrote: And this week I'm driving around in the car listening to the fates warning live album with John arch. He still sounds great.
Not sure I can get behind you on that. John Arch had definitely aged well up until now, but I've been hearing him really struggling to hit some of his trademark notes on the live album. Not his fault, of course, because like FinalShawn said, vocalists usually lose parts or all of their vocal magic — sooner or later, that is. On the other hand, Tim Baker still sounds great, and that's someone who hadn't been doing anything important musically in decades.

Perhaps the best way to preserve one's own voice is to withdraw from live activity periodically. Bands are constantly fatigued between shows, and the lifestyle will really test their skin. I respect musicians who give it their all and don't blow off their fans. That combination is very unlikely in most cases, though.
(07-16-2017, 11:49 AM)Temple of Blood Wrote: And this week I'm driving around in the car listening to the fates warning live album with John arch. He still sounds great.

I think the problem is that sabin hasn't sung metal in 25 years.

That's exactly what it is. Health and genetic predisposition come into play as well. As people age, their voices get deeper. It's just science. The body ages and things don't work like they used to no matter how hard we may try and preserve them. Some, like John Arch, can manage to maintain and others will show more obvious deterioration. But, if the person in question can still sing and make the music sound good, I think fans need to cut some slack (ie, STFU) and let people enjoy things. Smile
I watched & listened to Toxik a few years ago and it was literally their first show in 25 years or so. The singer sounded exactly the way he did on the World Circus album. He was in the zone. I was extremely impressed beyond belief.

Now I wish that Razor comes back with Stace "Sheepdog" McLaren and then Stace sounds as awesome as he did on Executioner's Song/Evil Invaders at a reunion show with Stace. Ya never know. He was considering it, but he has zero interest in metal nowadays. He said if he were to make a comeback, he said he would sound the way he sounded in the 1980s.

He sounds much better here to me. I think it will come back to him after some months of playing gigs like it did from Russ Anderson from Forbidden.
Here what some people don't get why Toxik sounds a lot different than what they were in 80s and 90s, not to mention how they're not as good as they were before. Toxik used to be good because they had a lot of ideas on the table. For 30+ years that the band has been active, they're at this point where they're running out of ideas. It's not the matter of age, which people seem to bring up all the time, it about anymore ideas you have on your sleeves. Not only they have this issue, but big corporate record companies known to tend to fuck up the mastering and everything to the point that they're unlistenable and there no point of listening to the album over and over again. I can name you bands that has been there for 20+ years that has their new material sounded generic and over-compression, thank to the big corporate record labels. It pretty much doesn't have not enough natural sounds that allow me to come back for more.
My band page:
Bloody Rage Bandcamp
Bloody Rage SoundCloud

My Band's Blog page:
Bloody Rage Main Site

Quote:Your priorities Are wrong. Your faith Is blind. Crush the weak Uphold the strong. Burn the brains Of mankind.
-Amebix - Fear Of God (1985)
I like the song! Smile
Artwork revealed for the EP. To be released this coming Friday.
(07-17-2017, 07:21 PM)MetalSamurai Wrote: For 30+ years that the band has been active, they're at this point where they're running out of ideas.

Dude...they have not been "active" for 30+ years. Their last new album was in 1989. They are coming back, not still going.
Truth be told, I'm not terribly impressed with the new songs up on soundcloud. Sabin is miles away from his wonderful vocal performance on Think This. None of the riffs are nearly as creative as the old stuff either. To be fair, some of the solos were neat, but overall it's fairly meh. Oh well, at least they did give those two glorious albums back in the 80s.
(08-05-2017, 09:54 PM)Dudemanguy Wrote: Truth be told, I'm not terribly impressed with the new songs up on soundcloud. Sabin is miles away from his wonderful vocal performance on Think This. None of the riffs are nearly as creative as the old stuff either. To be fair, some of the solos were neat, but overall it's fairly meh. Oh well, at least they did give those two glorious albums back in the 80s.

He can still sing the way he did on Think This. I saw them at Headbangers Open Air last weekend and he sounded perfect on all the old songs. But for some reason, he chooses not to sing that way on their new recordings.
(08-05-2017, 10:30 PM)Thundersteel Wrote: He can still sing the way he did on Think This. I saw them at Headbangers Open Air last weekend and he sounded perfect on all the old songs. But for some reason, he chooses not to sing that way on their new recordings.

He probably doesn't want to paint himself into a corner. He can carry the old songs, but maybe structured the new songs as a bit of a break/new direction.
That'd be fine if the new direction was actually interesting.
(08-06-2017, 01:46 PM)Dudemanguy Wrote: That'd be fine if the new direction was actually interesting.

Can't please everyone, I guess....I dig it. Hand