Quick Search (Advanced)
Browse Bands: Heavy Metal | Speed/Power/Progressive Metal | Thrash Metal | Black Metal | Death Metal | Doom Metal | Miscellaneous

Now Playing...
I love the choruses on this one.
Visit this user's website
Quote this message in a reply
(11-16-2017, 07:16 PM)Hanshan Wrote: Ashbury - Endless Skies - Is it metal? Is it epic rock? I don't care - it hits the spot. I have to say that I do not appreciate when people casually dismiss all the cool fantasy tropes employed by bands like Ashbury. Songs about wizards and their portents of doom are not mere flights of fancy - to borrow Dr. Jordan Peterson's phrase, they are maps of meaning.

Wishbone Ash - Argus - how can music be simultaneously melancholic and triumphant? It comes down to this - you transcend the suffering, you don't bitch and moan about it. This album is a never-ending source of solace and inspiration.

Winterhawk - Revival. Some people say they are just a poor man's Rush. I say this album rules and more bands could benefit from trying to tap into the sound of albums like Caress of Steel, Fly by Night, and 2112.

Man this post is pretty bang on, Ashbury and Wishbone Ash rock no doubt I haven't got the Winterhawk album yet but it is for sure on my list. Have you listened to Icecross? I'd put their album on this list too. Check them out if you haven't, Icecross
FinalShawn wrote:From that list, I chose Death...

Instagram @dutch_steel

Skid Row - Delivering The Goods (Live, Judas Priest Cover Feat. Rob Halford)
DeadHead friday.

MetalSamurai

Instagram @dutch_steel

Doom - Incompetent...

Thankfully not an incompetent album.
(11-17-2017, 01:58 AM)Too Dark Park Wrote: Man this post is pretty bang on, Ashbury and Wishbone Ash rock no doubt I haven't got the Winterhawk album yet but it is for sure on my list. Have you listened to Icecross? I'd put their album on this list too. Check them out if you haven't, Icecross

Thank you for reminding me to revisit Icecross, it had been a good 3-4 years since the last time I gave it a listen. I always find them to be an enjoyable band, but I find the drumming and vocals to be much more memorable than the guitar playing. Still, there are several stand out songs - especially "A Sad Man's Story." I can hear something of an affinity with the albums I listed, repeated listenings might make the connection even more clear for me.

Non stop playing since picking this up. Headbanger

Concerto Moon - From Father to Son

Great stuff

R.I.P., Malcolm, thank you for everything, you'll never be forgotten.  Sad
"There ain't no way to stop us
and you'll never kill our pride
'cause it's not only music
it's a chosen way of life!"

Instagram @dutch_steel