Quick Search (Advanced)
Browse Bands: Heavy Metal | Speed/Power/Progressive Metal | Thrash Metal | Black Metal | Death Metal | Doom Metal | Miscellaneous

Night Demon (US)

US Heavy Metal channeling NWOBHM influences...
Visit this user's website
Quote this message in a reply
Great band! Had the pleasure of sharing the stage with them once and they're always a blast to see live. Awesome guys too!
That's very cool...I hope to share a stage with them one day as well.
(05-31-2016, 12:49 PM)FinalShawn Wrote: That's very cool...I hope to share a stage with them one day as well.

I was checking out Final Sign and it sounds sick. I'm sure they'd be down to share the stage with you guys one day as well.

Also, Jarvis (their vocalist) is the promoter of the Frost and Fire Festival in Ventura, CA. I think you guys would be a great fit for that festival.
(05-31-2016, 02:45 PM)Thundersteel Wrote: I was checking out Final Sign and it sounds sick. I'm sure they'd be down to share the stage with you guys one day as well.

Also, Jarvis (their vocalist) is the promoter of the Frost and Fire Festival in Ventura, CA. I think you guys would be a great fit for that festival.

We were talking about that at rehearsal...we are going to try and get on F&F in 2017.
What...the...heck?

(03-31-2017, 02:37 AM)Painkiller Wrote:

HAHAHA so this to prove the guy just jumps on a bandwagon? He actually looks like he wants to be Buster Poindexter this time around.
Wow, it gets worse. What the fuck?! WTF?

HAHAHA fuck that guy dude!Angry and I see he's in Cirith Ungol as their bass player hahahaha now I know for sure I ain't missing anything HAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I had the "pleasure" of sharing the stage with this asshole a few times. Both times he was totally fucked up and doing coke constantly. At one show he totally fucked our entire set by making every other band, who was already there, wait for another band to get there, who was like an hour late, so they could use their equipment which turned out to be total cheap shit. The drum kit didn't even have heads on the drums. So every band has to cut their set short because we all had to wait for this other band (of course HIS band played as long as they wanted even though they weren't headlining). The entire thing was a disaster. I tried to talk to this idiot beforehand and he did the whole rockstar move where he pretends he's listening to you then as I'm in the middle of talking he turns around and calls someone on the phone like I wasn't even there. After the set I pushed him off the stage and said he made us look like idiots, I had to be restrained from beating his drugged out ass right in front of everyone. Then after all that his band has the nerve to ask to use OUR gear that WE weren't allowed to use to begin with because HIS band didn't want to use the cheap junk that he forced everyone else to use. Another time I played with him he told all the bands he got everyone a hotel room so they didn't have to worry about finding a place to stay afterwards. After the show, again he is high out of his mind, I said "what's the deal with the hotel, where are we staying?" He just looks at me like a zombie and says "uhhhh....what? huh? uhhhhh....hotel?" He can barely even stand up straight or compose a sentence. We were stuck trying to find a hotel in Los Angels at 2am which was impossible and we basically just didn't sleep for an entire day and still had a show to do the next day. I heard another story that happened at one of their recent shows where someone asked for an autograph from him and he's so fucked up that he seriously just like scribbled in the air, he wasn't even holding the pen to the CD booklet. So this kid says "hey can you sign my CD" and he just holds the pen and like draws his name in the air and hands him the CD back. That's what a fucking idiot this guy is.

Just look at the guy's history, first he's in some lame pop-punk Blink 182 ripoff....then when that doesn't work out he starts some stupid doo-wop band and looks like an Elvis impersonator, then when that doesn't work out he jumps on the NWOBHM-clone bandwagon. I fucking guarantee you within the next 5 years he will be doing folk or country or some other bullshit that is trendy. He's the literal definition of a poser.
So let me get this straight, this guy a lead vocal and guitarist for Night Demon has a history known to be a trendy hopper and been into lame rip off bands and a "Elvis" impersonator for a last years or so before jumping into some NWOBHM clone like everyone else and act like some typical rock star asshole around his band mates just to look cool? Well i'm not surprised by this because i knew there was something off about Night Demon. He may as well do fucking country or whatever in the next 5 years or so. This right here is the prime example of what's wrong with this metal scene in the western world and this is what i been talking about. Clearly, this guy is just another trendy hopper that goes for whatever hot on the spot and go forward to that. And someone before said that, "we should be open arms and let anyone join the metal scene even if they're hipsters or a trendy hoppers", and look what happens. People needs to start calling out their bullshit out instead of letting them ruined and pussified (censorship, leftist agendas, etc) everything within the scene.

No Motiv sounds like a rejected Tony Hawk's Pro Skater soundtrack that's a rip off of Blink 182 obviously. Jeff Hershey and the heartbeats sucks ass as well. Another boring protopunk rip off next!
My band page:
Bloody Rage Bandcamp
Bloody Rage SoundCloud

My Band's Blog page:
Bloody Rage Main Site

Quote:Your priorities Are wrong. Your faith Is blind. Crush the weak Uphold the strong. Burn the brains Of mankind.
-Amebix - Fear Of God (1985)
(03-31-2017, 08:14 AM)MetalSamurai1014 Wrote: So let me get this straight, this guy a lead vocal and guitarist for Night Demon has a history known to be a trendy hipper and been into lame rip off bands and a "Elvis" impersonator for a last years or so before jumping into some NWOBHM clone like everyone else and act like some typical rock star asshole around his band mates just to look cool? Well i'm not surprised by this because i knew there was something off about Night Demon. He may as well do fucking country or whatever in the next 5 years or so. This right here is the prime example of what's wrong with this metal scene in the western world and this is what i been talking about. Clearly, this guy is just another trendy hipper that goes for whatever hot on the spot and go forward to that. And someone before said that, "we should be open arms and let anyone join the metal scene even if they're hipsters or a trendy hippers", and look what happens. People needs to start calling out their bullshit out instead of letting them ruined and pussified (censorship, leftist agendas, etc) everything within the scene.

No Motiv sounds like a rejected Tony Hawk's Pro Skater soundtrack that's a rip off of Blink 182 obviously. Jeff Hershey and the heartbeats sucks ass as well. Another boring protopunk rip off next!

And now he has become the manager of Cirith Ungol as well as the bassist. Have you noticed how EVERY show Cirith Ungol plays has Night Demon opening now? He makes it a requirement that if you are a promoter and book Cirith Ungol that you HAVE to book Night Demon. He's basically using CU to make himself more famous because that's all he cares about. He saw all the Instagram and Facebook posers who constantly take selfies with their "ultra rare private press NWHOBM" LPs and their battle vests and thought "hey I bet I could become famous if I pander to these people". Metal is just a trend to him, just like pop-punk and doo-wop and whatever other genre he decided to jump into then leave 4 years later.
(03-31-2017, 06:25 AM)Hells Bomber Wrote: I had the "pleasure" of sharing the stage with this asshole a few times. Both times he was totally fucked up and doing coke constantly. At one show he totally fucked our entire set by making every other band, who was already there, wait for another band to get there, who was like an hour late, so they could use their equipment which turned out to be total cheap shit. The drum kit didn't even have heads on the drums. So every band has to cut their set short because we all had to wait for this other band (of course HIS band played as long as they wanted even though they weren't headlining). The entire thing was a disaster. I tried to talk to this idiot beforehand and he did the whole rockstar move where he pretends he's listening to you then as I'm in the middle of talking he turns around and calls someone on the phone like I wasn't even there. After the set I pushed him off the stage and said he made us look like idiots, I had to be restrained from beating his drugged out ass right in front of everyone. Then after all that his band has the nerve to ask to use OUR gear that WE weren't allowed to use to begin with because HIS band didn't want to use the cheap junk that he forced everyone else to use. Another time I played with him he told all the bands he got everyone a hotel room so they didn't have to worry about finding a place to stay afterwards. After the show, again he is high out of his mind, I said "what's the deal with the hotel, where are we staying?" He just looks at me like a zombie and says "uhhhh....what? huh? uhhhhh....hotel?" He can barely even stand up straight or compose a sentence. We were stuck trying to find a hotel in Los Angels at 2am which was impossible and we basically just didn't sleep for an entire day and still had a show to do the next day. I heard another story that happened at one of their recent shows where someone asked for an autograph from him and he's so fucked up that he seriously just like scribbled in the air, he wasn't even holding the pen to the CD booklet. So this kid says "hey can you sign my CD" and he just holds the pen and like draws his name in the air and hands him the CD back. That's what a fucking idiot this guy is.

Just look at the guy's history, first he's in some lame pop-punk Blink 182 ripoff....then when that doesn't work out he starts some stupid doo-wop band and looks like an Elvis impersonator, then when that doesn't work out he jumps on the NWOBHM-clone bandwagon. I fucking guarantee you within the next 5 years he will be doing folk or country or some other bullshit that is trendy. He's the literal definition of a poser.
(03-31-2017, 09:27 AM)Hells Bomber Wrote: And now he has become the manager of Cirith Ungol as well as the bassist. Have you noticed how EVERY show Cirith Ungol plays has Night Demon opening now? He makes it a requirement that if you are a promoter and book Cirith Ungol that you HAVE to book Night Demon. He's basically using CU to make himself more famous because that's all he cares about. He saw all the Instagram and Facebook posers who constantly take selfies with their "ultra rare private press NWHOBM" LPs and their battle vests and thought "hey I bet I could become famous if I pander to these people". Metal is just a trend to him, just like pop-punk and doo-wop and whatever other genre he decided to jump into then leave 4 years later.
What a very depressing read, but it's unfortunately the truth. I knew something was up with him being the bassist of Cirith Ungol, of all bands. I found it quite strange, because he could've at least done the decent thing and let Cirith Ungol do their own thing. Bringing back Flint would at least make this reunion more viable for me.

I guess if you're going to a Cirith Ungol show, expect to also see Night Demon. I completely agree that it's all about trends to this bozo, and after witnessing those embarrassing music videos, I wouldn't be surprised to see "Mr. Leatherby" playing disco mixed with blues. This is the guy who "keeps metal going"? No, he's just keeping that payroll going. What a joke!
I bought Frost & Fire tickets (his festival) before he specified it would be 21+ which I am not. There was no mention of this on the website, only on the event page which doesn't even sell the tickets to you so not sure why I would be looking there. He contacted me saying he can give me a refund so I've been asking for it constantly and the only thing he can tell me back is that he hasn't forgotten and they are still trying to make it work to be all ages and if so not to drink because it will be ruined for everyone (not really sure why I would venture all the way across the country to get shitfaced and miss out on bands I would have paid to see) Still no response from this dude for weeks. So basically out of 82 bucks and waiting to see if he will come through
(04-06-2017, 04:38 PM)decibelrebel Wrote: I bought Frost & Fire tickets (his festival) before he specified it would be 21+ which I am not. There was no mention of this on the website, only on the event page which doesn't even sell the tickets to you so not sure why I would be looking there. He contacted me saying he can give me a refund so I've been asking for it constantly and the only thing he can tell me back is that he hasn't forgotten and they are still trying to make it work to be all ages and if so not to drink because it will be ruined for everyone (not really sure why I would venture all the way across the country to get shitfaced and miss out on bands I would have paid to see) Still no response from this dude for weeks. So basically out of 82 bucks and waiting to see if he will come through

That that sucks, I hope you get to go or at the very least get a full refund.Irritated
FinalShawn wrote:From that list, I chose Death...

(04-06-2017, 04:48 PM)Too Dark Park Wrote: That that sucks, I hope you get to go or at the very least get a full refund.Irritated

Thanks! I'm crossing fingers now but from what Hells Bomber says makes me anxious and looks more fraud than anything Sad
(04-06-2017, 04:38 PM)decibelrebel Wrote: I bought Frost & Fire tickets (his festival) before he specified it would be 21+ which I am not. There was no mention of this on the website, only on the event page which doesn't even sell the tickets to you so not sure why I would be looking there. He contacted me saying he can give me a refund so I've been asking for it constantly and the only thing he can tell me back is that he hasn't forgotten and they are still trying to make it work to be all ages and if so not to drink because it will be ruined for everyone (not really sure why I would venture all the way across the country to get shitfaced and miss out on bands I would have paid to see) Still no response from this dude for weeks. So basically out of 82 bucks and waiting to see if he will come through
I met some younger dudes who had to drive all the way up from Oregon to see King Diamond in Seattle, Washington. I told them that Satan was playing a show an hour later, but they said that they couldn't go, and all because they weren't old enough to enter. It is what it is.

I knew there was something fishy about this band. It crazy how they didn't even mentioned on their website about the age limit. They're must be really not this organized to do this. Hope you do get your money back soon.
My band page:
Bloody Rage Bandcamp
Bloody Rage SoundCloud

My Band's Blog page:
Bloody Rage Main Site

Quote:Your priorities Are wrong. Your faith Is blind. Crush the weak Uphold the strong. Burn the brains Of mankind.
-Amebix - Fear Of God (1985)
(04-06-2017, 07:33 PM)Painkiller Wrote: I met some younger dudes who had to drive all the way up from Oregon to see King Diamond in Seattle, Washington. I told them that Satan was playing a show an hour later, but they said that they couldn't go, and all because they weren't old enough to enter. It is what it is.

It's a shame. Of course, it's no one's fault on that end, it's just respecting the venue's policies. But it's a problem that can be quickly assuaged with a refund? Why wait out on it if you know nothing will come to fruition? That's just taking advantage. He has control to give me a direct answer being that he runs everything anyways.

(04-06-2017, 08:43 PM)MetalSamurai1014 Wrote: I knew there was something fishy about this band. It crazy how they didn't even mentioned on their website about the age limit. They're must be really not this organized to do this. Hope you do get your money back soon.

It's funny because even after I mention it, it's still not specified on there: https://nightdemon.net/frost-and-fire--2. Never had a problem with dudes who run with any other festivals, in fact they are highly responsive. I had the same exact problem with a different festival of the same caliber happening this year and they fixed it all within ONE day. Thank you though, I will update if anything results Smile
(04-06-2017, 04:52 PM)decibelrebel Wrote: Thanks! I'm crossing fingers now but from what Hells Bomber says makes me anxious and looks more fraud than anything Sad

He did the same shit to a friend of mine who WORKED at the festival. He was a vendor there and was 20 at the time. He had no idea till he got there and set his table up that he wasn't allowed to go inside. He couldn't even go in to use the bathroom, and he flew in from halfway across the country. If you paid with paypal you can file a claim and get the money back, or if you used a credit card you can issue a stop payment.

Everyone in the scene is so up this guy's ass for some reason but hopefully more of these stories get out and expose him for what a complete idiot and poser he is.
(04-06-2017, 10:51 PM)decibelrebel Wrote: It's a shame. Of course, it's no one's fault on that end, it's just respecting the venue's policies. But it's a problem that can be quickly assuaged with a refund? Why wait out on it if you know nothing will come to fruition? That's just taking advantage. He has control to give me a direct answer being that he runs everything anyways.
Oh, I absolutely agree! Sounds like a fucked up thing to do to someone who wanted to see the bands play. Shit like that just pisses me off, and like Hells Bomber said, you can try filing a claim.
I know about them through Dr. Fukk's radio show on That Metal Station. He played them a couple times one night. Solid heavy metal. I'll have to check out an album.
(04-07-2017, 04:54 AM)Hells Bomber Wrote: He did the same shit to a friend of mine who WORKED at the festival. He was a vendor there and was 20 at the time. He had no idea till he got there and set his table up that he wasn't allowed to go inside. He couldn't even go in to use the bathroom, and he flew in from halfway across the country. If you paid with paypal you can file a claim and get the money back, or if you used a credit card you can issue a stop payment.

Everyone in the scene is so up this guy's ass for some reason but hopefully more of these stories get out and expose him for what a complete idiot and poser he is.

Oh yeah, were they vending their zine? I think I know who you are talking about and if not I know another person that had this exact experience at F&F and they were bummed out as hell. How awful! I'm going to wait a few more weeks and if no response or update on the events I will file something, just sucks to see it has to happen. It's for the music, but some people just make it so much about show and tell crap now it's frustrating.
I know Jarvis personally and he never tried pulling that shit on me. Hopefully its a misunderstanding.

Btw new song for the fans;

Ya know, I think that one or two of the guys from Night Demon was interviewed by Dr. Fukk on The Dr. Fukk Show.
(04-07-2017, 10:37 PM)Mick Bynes Wrote: Ya know, I think that one or two of the guys from Night Demon was interviewed by Dr. Fukk on The Dr. Fukk Show.

Dr.Fukk is the biggest poser on the planet and I have proof if you wanna see it.
I don't fault anyone for playing different kinds of music. It's not like Night Demon is a cash cow of any kind. But these other stories are sad to hear.
So, they're pulling a Reverend Bizarre by citing several of Iron Maiden's songs. Could you be any less original with "Maiden Hell"? Laugh

Quote:Do you remember tomorrow today
We were just kids running free
Back in the days when Charlotte was a whore
She unleashed the wrathchild in me
Drifter in a strange world
Murdering in the rue morgue

Maiden hell

Invaders coming for the children of the damned
The prisoner runs to the hills
Hallowed by thy name with the flash of
the blade the trooper dies in a gangland
What happened to these waysted years