Quick Search (Advanced)
Browse Bands: Heavy Metal | Speed/Power/Progressive Metal | Thrash Metal | Black Metal | Death Metal | Doom Metal | Miscellaneous

Motörhead (UK)
They released a song called "Overspades", and it shits on the originals.
Visit this user's website
Quote this message in a reply
Lay down your soul to the gods rock `n' roll!
Here is a good recent interview with Lemmy that covers most of his career but if you been into this band as long as I have you can tell by the tone of his voice that his age is catching up on him.The interview with him starts at 57:27

http://www.wtfpod.com/
I'll have to give that a listen later tonight. Think I'll make Monday a total motorhead day. I plan on watching the lemmy movie, some concerts I have on Dvd, and blast some of my favorite motorhead cds all day long. Now Playing
Clap
Quote:Motörhead have one of the most recognizable rock brands on the market. Their iconic snaggletooth logo has been emblazoned across everything from t-shirts to wine bottles and coffee cups, while frontman Lemmy is one of the genre's instantly identifiable characters.

Now, the band has announced that they're following the likes of Rammstein and (appropriately) the Vibrators into a previously uncharted area of rock licensing: branded sex toys.

As Gigwise reports, Lovehoney have released a range of four Motörhead vibrators, called the "Official Pleasure Collection" that promise to pack "a powerful punch that captures the rock and roll lifestyle of the band perfectly."

We're not entirely surprised that these are on the market, 'cause when it comes to bands and licensing, pretty much anything goes these days. What shocks us is that nobody at Lovehoney had the sense to name these things after the two Motörhead songs that are clearly about sex toys! When a band has tracks titled "Vibrator" and "Orgasmatron" and you emblazon "Born to Lose" across their licensed dildo, you've missed a trick.
Source
Good to see Lemmy is back but the set list is another reason I don't care to go see them anymore,you'd think this would change with so many albums but man it's basically the samething over and over again and it's just boring.

Im a pretty big Motorhead fan. Picked up Bad Magic last week and it's better than their last one from 2013 or 2012 (i forget).

As per Lemmy's health condition and cancelling gigs: Fuck!! that really sucks. I hope the dude can pull himself together. But I wouldn't put it past him to stick to his usual habits. To even switch from whiskey to vodka isn't going to make him function any easier. He made a living drinking, smoking, fucking, now he's falling apart. It sucks. I would like them at a nice residency and more albums Than risking your life away touring every single night.
R.I.P. Will be blasting some classic Motorhead later.

http://blabbermouth.net/news/former-moto...ies-at-61/
Fuckin aye... first AJ Pero, now Phil Taylor Sad

Can my year get any worse :/
That sucks, he was a killer drummer and seemed like a cool guy.

RIP
Rest in Peace, Phil Now Playing

Really sucks that we are and will be losing so many of the greats of rock and roll and metal.
"I saw Kirk Hammet pick up Tiny Tim's ukulele and play some Metallica solos...sounded JUST like the record..."

"If you listen to BM, but you don’t know what phase the moon is in, or what wild flowers are blooming then you have failed. It is shocking to me that one could be seriously interested in Black Metal and not be deeply committed to radical ecology."

Oh this sucks, one of the best drummers Motörhead has ever had

may he rest in peace and i will be listening to some classic Motörhead tonight.
Quote:Juiceman (Dopeman that's my shit) to be a dopeman you gotta qualify don't get high off ya own supply

http://nastymetalproductions.forcesofsteel.com/
X-Morta/Bandcamp.com
NastyMetalProdcuctions/YouTubeChannel
HeavyThrashhed/Soundcloud.com
(11-12-2015, 11:32 AM)Speedball Wrote: Rest in Peace, Phil Now Playing

Really sucks that we are and will be losing so many of the greats of rock and roll and metal.

Utterly gutted grew up on Motörhead and have seen them live twice, my current dog a staffi. cross is called Phil after Filthy.Sad
FinalShawn wrote:From that list, I chose Death...

Instagram @dutch_steel

Hearing the news of his death has had me stunned all day long. Him and Würzel both died at the same age, too.

A great drummer who's done only so much for metal.
Another one that passed away...

RIP.
From Lemmy's FB:
Quote:Hello this is Lemmy from Motörhead. I'm feeling very sad at the moment, in fact devastated because one of my best friends died yesterday. I miss him already. His name was Phil Taylor, or Philthy Animal, and he was our drummer twice in our career. Now he's died and it really pisses me off that they take somebody like him and leave George Bush alive. So muse on that. We're still going, we're still going strong, it's just first Würzel and now Philthy, it's a shame man. I think this rock n roll business might be bad for the human life. Oh well.

https://www.facebook.com/OfficialLemmy/?fref=nf
"I saw Kirk Hammet pick up Tiny Tim's ukulele and play some Metallica solos...sounded JUST like the record..."

"If you listen to BM, but you don’t know what phase the moon is in, or what wild flowers are blooming then you have failed. It is shocking to me that one could be seriously interested in Black Metal and not be deeply committed to radical ecology."

Anyone know the cause of death yet?

Instagram @dutch_steel

(11-13-2015, 01:53 PM)Too Dark Park Wrote: Anyone know the cause of death yet?

Not really sure. I was trying to find out yesterday and all I saw was an article mentioned he had been sick for a while. They didn't say what he had or what the cause of death was.
Quote:MOTÖRHEAD has been forced to cancel tonight's (Friday, November 27) sold-out concert in Berlin, Germany after the band's guitarist, Phil Campbell, "suddenly required hospitalization." The group explained in a statement: "He will be better soon but there is no choice other than to cancel our show in Berlin. We all wish Phil a speedy recovery."

MOTÖRHEAD is scheduled to play Hamburg, Germany' Sporthalle on Saturday (November 28).

The band canceled several shows in the U.S. in September while mainman Lemmy battled health issues.
Source
Shit, not good, Philthy animal just died too. The legends are not here for much longer are they. Sad
The end of an era. You've done well, sir.

I feel like my uncle has just died or something, can't really process it yet, fucking pissed off about it.

Instagram @dutch_steel

It seems like Iron Fist doesn't get the same amount of respect as its predecessors, doesn't it? I can see how it wouldn't live up to Bomber or Ace of Spades, but I don't find it to be as lackluster as most people make it out to be. I like the title track, "Heart of Stone", "Loser", "America", "Shut It Down", "Speedfreak", and a few others. It's really not that bad of an album.
It just feels like it was rushed out before it was fully realised, not a bad album by any means agreed.

Instagram @dutch_steel

Quote:MOTÖRHEAD's November 20 and November 21, 2015 concerts at the Zenith in Munich, Germany were professionally filmed and recorded for release this May via UDR.

Titled "Clean Your Clock", the set will be made available in the following formats:

* Colored double vinyl in gatefold with pop-up art
* Standalone audio CD
* DVD of the show with audio CD
* Blu-ray of the show with audio CD
* Boxset which contains the colored double vinyl in gatefold with pop-up art, DVD of the show with audio CD and the MOTÖRHEAD metal medal
* A limited-edition boxset will be available through the UDR shop and will contain the MOTÖRHEAD medal in silver or gold
* Also available as a digital download

"Clean Your Clock" track listing:

01. Start - 00:00:00
02. Live Intro - 00:01:06
03. Bomber - 00:02:44
04. Stay Clean - 00:06:06
05. Metropolis - 00:09:41
06. When The Sky Comes Looking For You - 00:14:33
07. Over The Top - 00:18:16
08. Guitar Solo - 00:21:10
09. The Chase Is Better Than The Catch - 00:23:08
10. Lost Woman Blues - 00:28:39
11. Rock It - 00:34:07
12. Orgasmatron - 00:36:52
13. Doctor Rock Pt 1 - 00:43:28
14. Drum Solo - 00:45:18
15. Doctor Rock Pt 2 - 00:49:54
16. Just 'Cos You Got The Power - 00:52:11
17. No Class - 00:58:08
18. Ace Of Spades - 01:01:07
19. Whorehouse Blues - 01:08:01
20. Overkill - 01:14:05

"Clean Your Clock" will be made available on May 27.
Source
(03-31-2016, 01:03 AM)Painkiller Wrote: ...
Source

I'll stay away from this seeing Lemmy all fragile is not my cup of tea.
(03-31-2016, 05:26 AM)HecTheWreck Wrote: I'll stay away from this seeing Lemmy all fragile is not my cup of tea.
I'm kinda with you on this, at least as far as the DVD goes. I might still pick up the vinyl that being said.

Instagram @dutch_steel

Source

this is probably a cash cow. 'cos why would anyone want to relive seeing Lemmy in the state that he was in durring this show. audio would not be too bad but visually is a no.
Quote:Juiceman (Dopeman that's my shit) to be a dopeman you gotta qualify don't get high off ya own supply

X-Morta/Bandcamp.com
Source

This sounds like a cash grab and waste of money to me. At the state Lemmy was in that time, it's painful to watch.
My band page:
Bloody Rage Bandcamp
Bloody Rage SoundCloud

My Band's Blog page:
Bloody Rage Main Site

Quote:Your priorities Are wrong. Your faith Is blind. Crush the weak Uphold the strong. Burn the brains Of mankind.
-Amebix - Fear Of God (1985)
I never liked Lemmy or Motorhead, they lived and made songs about degrading women as nothing more than pieces of meat. I mean if you trick 1000 women into sleeping with you you are a very manipulative, uncaring selfish sexist monster.
Lemmy is a sexist and racist for hating on women and black people. He doesn't even stand for diversity at all. And using all women for sex is very SEXIST! He's a cis white male that deserve to be taught a lesson for empowering women and treating blacks like crap!
(04-01-2016, 10:47 AM)WhiteGenocide Wrote: Lemmy is a sexist and racist for hating on women and black people. He doesn't even stand for diversity at all. And using all women for sex is very SEXIST! He's a cis white male that deserve to be taught a lesson for empowering women and treating blacks like crap!

you know he's dead right? and second of all he never was a sexist nor was a racist since he actually dated a black woman.

X-Morta/Bandcamp.com
(04-01-2016, 03:12 PM)Heavy Thrashhead Wrote: you know he's dead right? and second of all he never was a sexist nor was a racist since he actually dated a black woman.
Oh suuuuuure. "My best friend is black" won't work on me. Racists love pulling that card. Lol.
Oh yeah we know this race cards that white people put out of their ass like "my girlfriend is black" or "my best friend black" gtfo with that bullshit. you are still racist!
So you all are saying no white person are allowed to have black people as mates?.

X-Morta/Bandcamp.com
Good to hear that most people are calling this shit out for what it is. Yet again, another big label trying to cash in with another pointless release. It's sad that people will pay for this shit, but it is what it is.
Only in Germany.

(05-13-2016, 07:00 AM)HecTheWreck Wrote: Only in Germany.

10 euros per set of stamps.Lemmy's relatives will not get anything from this.It's still cool though.
LATE MOTÖRHEAD DRUMMER PHIL “PHILTHY ANIMAL” TAYLOR - RARE AND COLLECTIBLE PERSONAL ITEMS UP AT AUCTION

Items from the estate of former Motörhead drummer Phil "Philthy Animal" Taylor, who passed away on November 11th, 2015 of liver failure at 61 years of age, are currently being auctioned via The Saleroom.

Items on the auction block include stereo equipment, drumsticks, Motörhead-related memorabilia, posters, travel cases, bongos, congas, drum kits and accessories, and much more.

The Saleroom

Quote:MOTORHEAD & PHILTHY ANIMAL - the original 'Iron Fist' as featured on the cover of the Motorhead album Iron Fist. Resin and fibreglass mold in the shape of a gauntlet with four skull rings, and 3 star signs on the back of the hand. From the estate of Phil 'Philthy Animal' Taylor. A signed letter of provenance from the family of Phil Taylor is included with the lot.
Source
They should have a live feed to this as the Bon Scott one.

(08-25-2016, 01:12 PM)Painkiller Wrote:

Doesn't really look like him,they could of done a better job.
I got We Are Motörhead and The World is Yours not too long ago. I will listen to them soon.
Check out the auction.

Quote:A drum kit once used by late MOTÖRHEAD drummer Phil "Philthy Animal" Taylor is being auctioned via Bonhams, a celebrated auction house in England.

The Camco drum kit includes shark motif bass drumskins which appeared on Phil's kits at a number of live performances throughout the 1980s, among them "Top Of The Pops" in 1980 and the official music video for MOTÖRHEAD's 1980 classic "Ace Of Spades".

The kit was given to the vendor by his friend, another fellow drummer, who had acquired it from a private sale in the early 1990s.

The Bonhams web site describes the item as: "Mirror finish, comprising; two 24 x 14-inch bass drums each fitted with original front skins bearing shark teeth motifs and with an original MOTÖRHEAD sticker, two original black wooden front head hoops, an 18-inch floor Tom, a 16-inch hanging Tom, a 15-inch hanging Tom, and a 14-inch hanging Tom. 'Cloud' badge.

"Each drum head on the Toms fitted with a clear Remo CS Black Dot. Accompanied by three vintage drum cases including a Le Blond bass drum case, one double braced double tom stand, various spare Remo CS Black Dot clear heads and various spare Camco lugs, dampers, and accessories."
Original Motorhead are together again. Sad
One more of the great ones that is gone. R.I.P. Eddie. Sad
"There ain't no way to stop us
and you'll never kill our pride
'cause it's not only music
it's a chosen way of life!"
Anyone with a better handle on their late-era discography (Beyond 1916) have any recommendations? I really have a limited experience with their stuff outside of the '70s LPs and a few of the '80s ones.
Yeah I do I'd start here. 

Instagram @dutch_steel