Quick Search (Advanced)
Browse Bands: Heavy Metal | Speed/Power/Progressive Metal | Thrash Metal | Black Metal | Death Metal | Doom Metal | Miscellaneous

Motörhead (UK)
The latest on Lemmy from Motorhead's manager, Todd Singerman:

Quote:Longtime MOTÖRHEAD manager Todd Singerman spoke to Decibel magazine about the band's decision to cancel a European tour at the end of last year due to frontman Lemmy's ongoing health problems. Since being diagnosed with diabetes in 2000, Lemmy's had to have a defibrillator installed in his heart, and more recently suffered from an "unspecified hematoma," which led to the cancellation of several European shows last summer. Factor in a daily intake of smokes, speed and Jack and Coke for the last 40-plus years, and it's a wonder he's alive at all. After decades of invincibility, the cracks are finally showing. Lemmy has had to make some difficult adjustments. "I had to give up the Jack and Coke because of the sugar," he tells Decibel. "I miss it. I gave up smoking, too. I gave up bread. It's been a bit of a job, you know?"....

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/motorhe...fks-it-up/
Quote this message in a reply
I am afraid he will return to drinking again, its what is going to kill him. Its typical of alcoholics.. I hope I am wrong and he does not be a foolish person!
Visit this user's website
The only way he's going to change is that he's got to do it himself. I don't want to log on one day and read that he died.
We always dress in black to be unkind, We always dress in black
with you in mind
Atleast he's attempting to change his ways.
I'm in full agreement with Stella. Bad habits are hard to break. Lemmy's going to have to give it his all.
Not good.
Quote:Motörhead Cancels Spring European Tour

January 24, 2014 - It is with great regret that Motörhead has to announce the cancellation of their European tour, scheduled to start February, 2014.

Many concerted, diligent and focused efforts were made by founding member, and international icon, Lemmy Kilmister to deal with a range of health issues relating to diabetes. While there has been undoubted progress, Lemmy and the band were advised by doctors that it was still too soon to resume full touring activities, and so for the good of the future, the band and Lemmy reluctantly agreed to cancel.

No-one is hurting more over this than Lemmy, and he feels the aggravation and inconvenience of every ticket, and every method of transportation, already paid for by loyal fans in anticipation of the tour. Being a road warrior of over 50 dedicated, non-stop years, it is equally distressing for him to be unable to occupy the top lounge of the trusty tour bus (his spiritual home) but Lemmy recognizes that his long-term health must win. It goes without saying that Lemmy profusely apologizes for inconveniences caused, but he does want everyone to know that he is continuing on the road to a full recovery, and that the prognosis long-term is very good.

Fans have shown tremendous support for Lemmy, and it has meant so much to him. As he told Rolling Stone, "Oh, man, the fans were unbelievable when I got sick," he says. "No bitching. It was all 'Take your time, get better. Don't worry, we'll wait for you. Get well.'"

Rome was not built in a day...like Lemmy's health. But there is some strong light at the end of the tunnel here...we thank you so very much for your continued love, support and understanding.
Source: Motörhead's Official Web Site
Quote:Many concerted, diligent and focused efforts were made by founding member, and international icon, Lemmy Kilmister to deal with a range of health issues relating to diabetes.

My cousin passed-away Wednesday from complications stemming from her diabetes, she didn't care for it as she should have and that along with years of drug abuse in her youth led to her passing-away at the age she did.
"I saw Kirk Hammet pick up Tiny Tim's ukulele and play some Metallica solos...sounded JUST like the record..."

"If you listen to BM, but you don’t know what phase the moon is in, or what wild flowers are blooming then you have failed. It is shocking to me that one could be seriously interested in Black Metal and not be deeply committed to radical ecology."

I've admittedly heard few Motörhead albums in full, but my favorite one has always been Overkill. Ace of Spades is good, but I think it falls a little shorthanded on some of its songs. Of course, the title track, "Shoot You in the Back", "Love Me Like a Reptile", and "The Hammer" are all great Motörhead tunes to jam out to.

Other albums I'm thinking of getting are 1916, Bomber, Orgasmatron, and Iron Fist.
My favorite Motorhead albums would be Iron Fist and Overkill. Ace Of Spades is okay to me but it fall short for me tbh. So those two are like my favorite Motorhead albums.
My band page:
Bloody Rage Bandcamp
Bloody Rage SoundCloud

My Band's Blog page:
Bloody Rage Main Site

Quote:Your priorities Are wrong. Your faith Is blind. Crush the weak Uphold the strong. Burn the brains Of mankind.
-Amebix - Fear Of God (1985)
Tough one for me but i will say it's a tie between "Bomber" and "Another Perfect Day", "Ace of Spades" is in the middle of being one of my favourites, "Iron Fist" is a ok album, i feel it's abit more inconsistant, while "Overkill" is a good album and "Rock 'n' Roll" being the first Motorhead album i ever baught, that i hold in tight arms as well, the debut is good as well, alot more closer to punk rock than speed metal, oh "Orgasmatron" is a fun yet heavy album.
Quote:Juiceman (Dopeman that's my shit) to be a dopeman you gotta qualify don't get high off ya own supply

http://nastymetalproductions.forcesofsteel.com/
X-Morta/Bandcamp.com
NastyMetalProdcuctions/YouTubeChannel
HeavyThrashhed/Soundcloud.com
Currently my favorite band!!!

my favorite albums are Bomber and Overkill
Stay Clean (overkill), Jailbait, and Fast and Loose (Ace of Spades) are my favorite tracks.

we're motorhead... we're rock and fuckin roll!!!!!
I love Motorhead, when I was a kid I would see bikers wearing Motorhead shirts and I used to think "man, these guys must be hardcore!" I finally got No Remorse when it came out and fell in love with them, especially due to Killed By Death. Favorite album... I can't say just one, everything from the self-titled and the song Motorhead - one of my all-time favorites, hands-down - to Rock-n-Roll with Eat the Rich and Stone Deaf in the USA.... I haven't listened to their later stuff as extensively save for The World Is Yours and their latest, Aftershock, which is a really good album.
"I saw Kirk Hammet pick up Tiny Tim's ukulele and play some Metallica solos...sounded JUST like the record..."

"If you listen to BM, but you don’t know what phase the moon is in, or what wild flowers are blooming then you have failed. It is shocking to me that one could be seriously interested in Black Metal and not be deeply committed to radical ecology."

(05-10-2014, 11:48 PM)Heavy Thrashhead Wrote: Tough one for me but i will say it's a tie between "Bomber" and "Another Perfect Day", "Ace of Spades" is in the middle of being one of my favourites, "Iron Fist" is a ok album, i feel it's abit more inconsistant, while "Overkill" is a good album and "Rock 'n' Roll" being the first Motorhead album i ever baught, that i hold in tight arms as well, the debut is good as well, alot more closer to punk rock than speed metal, oh "Orgasmatron" is a fun yet heavy album.

Your avatar just reminded me of the tracks Lemmy wrote for Dave Bautista's, and Triple H's themes. I personally like Line in The Sand more
(05-13-2014, 11:51 PM)jakk90 Wrote: Your avatar just reminded me of the tracks Lemmy wrote for Dave Bautista's, and Triple H's themes. I personally like Line in The Sand more

yeah, that's how i first heard Motörhead was through Triple H's theme and his team stable's theme, such memories.
Quote:Juiceman (Dopeman that's my shit) to be a dopeman you gotta qualify don't get high off ya own supply

X-Morta/Bandcamp.com
I don't think I have ever heard a bad Motorhead album, hell even the recent albums are really good, but I would say it's a tie between Overkill, and Orgasmatron
(05-14-2014, 01:00 AM)Heavy Thrashhead Wrote: yeah, that's how i first heard Motörhead was through Triple H's theme and his team stable's theme, such memories.

Internet use wasn't as prevalent when I first heard these songs thus it remained a mystery to me for years who it was. Plus I was 10... I heard Motorhead without knowing it (before Ace of Spades, after seeing kids wear the shirts)
I like Motorhead although I don't consider myself a fan.I prefer the old stuf above their newer releases.
(05-15-2014, 12:58 AM)jakk90 Wrote: Internet use wasn't as prevalent when I first heard these songs thus it remained a mystery to me for years who it was. Plus I was 10... I heard Motorhead without knowing it (before Ace of Spades, after seeing kids wear the shirts)

yeah, i did not know who it was at first, but years later me and my brother would find out, him downloading "1916" and me ended up hearing songs by them off of youtube and shit like that, i became such a fan.

X-Morta/Bandcamp.com
Reading through this thread got me reminiscing on the night I saw them on the Rock n Roll tour, Overkill opened and Slayer headlined - this was on the South of Heaven tour - it was the first and only time I have seen them but their sound was fucking nuts, the loudest show I have ever been to and Lemmy's Rickenbacker and his bass tone was just sick. One of those bands that is best seen at a smaller venue, I really want to see them one more time before Lemmy has to call it a day.

Someimtimes Ace of Spades, othertimes Iron First. I don't care really, all Motorhead is enjoyable in someway!
They're releasing Bad Magic in August.

Quote:After 40 years rattling teeth, bones and ears with their legendary rock 'n' roll, you might excuse MOTÖRHEAD if they wanted to ease off. Put their feet up. Relax a little. But that's just it… this is MOTÖRHEAD.

And instead, MOTÖRHEAD gleefully say a loud and hearty "bollocks" to that sort of feeble-minded thinking with their 22nd studio album, "Bad Magic", due on August 28. Bristling with thunderous attitude, pioneering spirit and some of the fiercest rhythms and riffs that'll beat your ears into submission this year, "Bad Magic" is a massive kick in the teeth for anyone who dared believe it might be otherwise. Indeed, if those people still remain, they would do well to grab some big fat earplugs, fall to their knees and pray like buggery, because big-rig head crushers like "Thunder And Lightning" and the especially l-o-u-d "Teach 'Em How To Bleed" show that MOTÖRHEAD are as strong, mean, loud, relentless, uncompromising and goddam heavy as ever.

Drawing on their own vast catalogue of road-warrior freewheeling rock'n'roll spirit, "Bad Magic" also strides confidently into some of the earlier attitudes of Motörmusic. Written and recorded in the studio together, for the first time in the Kilmister/Campbell/Dee era, the more "live" approach to creating "Bad Magic" has obviously paid dividends in this regard. There is the driving malevolence of "Choking On Your Screams", with Lemmy in magnificently omnipotent vocal mood, "Electricity" carries a hefty chunk of punk attitude married with some of Phil Campbell's best lead work in years, while "Shoot Out All Of Your Lights" is all devilish, greasy biker-borne-screw-you-and yours, Mikkey Dee's tribal drums pounding out a great path for more Kilmister proclamations. The boys even enjoyed a guest appearance from QUEEN's Brian May on "The Devil", adding a scintillating solo on this thunderous Motörstomper.

Produced at NRG Studios with long-time producer Cameron Webb, "Bad Magic" came together after a couple of years which saw MOTÖRHEAD enjoy their most successful international era in over two decades off the back of their last release "Aftershock". Lemmy also finally decided to face the fact he is flesh, blood and mortal like all of us, adjusting his lifestyle to kick the ass of health issues and re-emerging stronger, leaner and meaner than ever. His own personal performances on "Bad Magic" rank as some of the most wide-ranging and unique he has delivered in years, and on the ballad "Until The End", Lemmy opens up with equal levels explanation and intent on the simple but important matters which life conjures for us all. Add to all of this a wonderfully executed, gritty delivery of THE ROLLING STONES classic "Sympathy For The Devil", and it will be clear to anyone with a pair of ears that "Bad Magic" is MOTÖRHEAD's finest work in over two decades.

You can also expect the road to get its ass-kicked by MOTÖRHEAD once again in the last half of 2015! Starting in mid-August, there will be a North American tour with ANTHRAX which ends with the now-legendary Motörboat cruise between September 28 and October 2 from Miami, Florida to Nassau in the Bahamas, also featuring SLAYER and ANTHRAX among a bumper lineup of bands. And MOTÖRHEAD's 40th-anniversary European winter tour will start on November 15 at Le Zenith in Paris, ending on December 6 at the Hartwell Arena in Helsinki, Finland. More dates will be announced soon.

"Bad Magic" track listing:

01. Victory Or Die
02. Thunder & Lightning
03. Fire Storm Hotel
04. Shoot Out All Of Your Lights
05. The Devil
06. Electricity
07. Evil Eye
08. Teach Them How To Bleed
09. Till The End
10. Tell Me Who To Kill
11. Choking On Your Screams
12. When The Sky Comes Looking For You
13. Sympathy For The Devil (THE ROLLING STONES cover)
Source
Lemmy needs to get rid of those cowboy boots and strap on that bulletbelt again.
I'm gonna sure get this one 'cos i need my Motörhead damnit!.

X-Morta/Bandcamp.com
Damn... God knows how old he would've lived to be if he took better care of himself. He is tough... I'll give him that.
I wonder what new and innovative directions they will take their sound in with this one.
(06-08-2015, 04:05 AM)Hanshan Wrote: I wonder what new and innovative directions they will take their sound in with this one.

They might get slightly heavier, and more blues. ROFL
Something from the new album coming out,nothing new sounds like your typical song by the band these days.

(07-30-2015, 04:14 PM)HecTheWreck Wrote: Something from the new album coming out,nothing new sounds like your typical song by the band these days.

Honestly I thought it was great! Hand Motorheads still got their edge Tongue
A comment that I just found online. What do you guys think?
Quote:Seen them in June, he is done, finished. It was a tearjerker watchin it, drum solos, guitar solos in a 50 min festival set, everything slow. He wants to die on stage, its playin the odds as to what show to go to. I have friends who lost flights twice last tour. Lemmy you have done your bit mate,lie down and take er easy.
(08-17-2015, 05:44 PM)Painkiller Wrote: A comment that I just found online. What do you guys think?

I haven't seen Mötorhead live in 12 years I guess it has been...I don't doubt the comments that you posted are at least partially true. Last I heard, he wasn't in the best of health. I'm surprised they are still on the road, but that is the only life he's ever known. I wouldn't expect him to just hang it up.
(08-17-2015, 05:44 PM)Painkiller Wrote: A comment that I just found online. What do you guys think?

Yeah it's been a few years since I seen them and I agree it's just not there anymore,Lemmy doesn't have to prove anything to nobody but I guess he's gonna die on stage or until he's unable to play live anymore to make him stop,like in another post about favorite bands this was mine, but in the last few years the spirit of the whole true meaning behind what Motorhead stood for when I first started to listening to them isn't there anymore and for that reason and respect I don't care to see them anymore.
i'll keep buying the new studio releases but hearing the stories recently makes me feel sad, i've never had the chance to see Mötorhead and i probably will never see 'em, sucks but that's the way life goes i suppose.

X-Morta/Bandcamp.com

I used to think it would be awesome if he were to die on stage actually, but now I just think he should retire and take it easy like the quote says. I thought he was just go out in a blaze of glory high as a kite and drunker n shit, not a slow death like what seems to be happening now. Its clear he isn't healthy, he should just hang out with his son and take it easy.
Just heard Bad Magic in it's entirety and this is ain't a solid release it's got a few good tracks like Shoot Out All Of Your Lights and Teach Them How To Bleed and even Choking On Your Screams has a Orgasmatron vibe to it but the rest is pretty flat and boring,this might please new fans of the band but don't know about the rest. I'd give it a listen before buying it.
Ugh...
Quote:MOTÖRHEAD was forced to cancel its concert in Salt Lake City earlier tonight (Thursday, August 27) after playing only three or four songs due to the fact that the band's frontman, Lemmy Kilmister, was not feeling well. Various reports indicate that he complained to the crowd that he couldn't breathe and/or was experiencing severe back pain prior to stopping the show and leaving the stage.
Source
Stop taking so much speed, fuckwit.
A forum without trolls is like a city without whores.

http://www.crawlingchaosproductions.com/
Just saw em' play in LA last week =D I hope this is not the last time!
I'll give Lemmy credit for not giving up so easily because it takes a tough man to handle his own situations, but i think it's time for him and his band to retire.
My band page:
Bloody Rage Bandcamp
Bloody Rage SoundCloud

My Band's Blog page:
Bloody Rage Main Site

Quote:Your priorities Are wrong. Your faith Is blind. Crush the weak Uphold the strong. Burn the brains Of mankind.
I was considering checking out the local show here until I learned that Saxon was not playing that date. Lost all interest at that point.
I feel for Lemmy. He's losing his ability to do the thing he loves. It's a bitter pill for anyone to swallow.
Haven't bought the album yet, but am listening to it on youtube right now, and think it's another solid record. Only about half way through it, and so far like it a lot. Maybe he should just give up touring and make new albums. Now Playing
Lemmy says Motörhead's Stones cover beats original

Source
HAHA he's going senile and a song nobody should of covered fuck the gnr version.
Yeah man Lemmy needs to take it easy. Every story about him makes me nervous UGHHH!

@2:00

Lay down your soul to the gods rock `n' roll!
It's over,if he wanted to die on stage he would of kept on playing,hang it up Lemster you given me and many others years of killer music.
MOTORHEAD FOR LIFE!
Glad I didn't buy tickets to the local show.
Damn...this is just painful to watch, been a fan of this band since I was a kid and it really fucking sucks to see people that brought joy to your life coming to an end with theirs.

Yeah its no longer cool, just sad to see now. Hope he just cancels tge tour and calls it a day. He has nothing else to prove and owes the fans nothing.
That was too painful to watch Sad
i swear i think i'm shedding a tear right now that was practically heartbreaking to watch and him walking back out there with a CANE!, jesus christ he's done, i really want to wish him the best but the way he's looking...i'm just now speachless

started to really get into Motorhead arround in 2008 and have been a fan ever since and seeing this is just sad.

X-Morta/Bandcamp.com
It's a pain to even read this. Now the Motorhead appearance in Houston and Dallas Texas is canceled due to health issues; something to do with breathing. This is just too too sad...Sad

Quote:MOTÖRHEAD has been forced to cancel its Dallas and Houston appearances, originally scheduled for September 4 and September 5, due to continued health issues experienced by the band's frontman, Lemmy Kilmister. British metallers SAXON, who were slated to support MOTÖRHEAD, will still play in each city (please check local media for up-to-date venue information).

According to an official statement from MOTÖRHEAD, "Lemmy fully intends to resume touring duties as, and when, his doctors give him the all-clear."

The Dallas and Houston cancelations follow the scapping of MOTÖRHEAD's September 2 show in San Antonio, Texas.

On September 1, MOTÖRHEAD delivered only three songs — "Damage Case", "Stay Clean" and "We Are Motörhead" — in Austin before Lemmy told the crowd, "I can't do it."

The latest MOTÖRHEAD walk-off follows a similarly abbreviated performance last week in Salt Lake City, where the band cited the high altitude as the reason behind Lemmy's inability to breathe. A show in Denver, at an even higher altitude, was scrapped the following day before MOTÖRHEAD ever took the stage.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/motorhe...s-canceled
My band page:
Bloody Rage Bandcamp
Bloody Rage SoundCloud

My Band's Blog page:
Bloody Rage Main Site