Quick Search (Advanced)
Browse Bands: Heavy Metal | Speed/Power/Progressive Metal | Thrash Metal | Black Metal | Death Metal | Doom Metal | Miscellaneous

Poll: LOST IN NECROPOLIS!
This poll is closed.
Invasion (1980)
0%
0 0%
Mark of the Beast (1981)
6.67%
1 6.67%
Metal (1982)
0%
0 0%
Crystal Logic (1983)
46.67%
7 46.67%
Open the Gates (1984)
26.67%
4 26.67%
The Deluge (1986)
20.00%
3 20.00%
Mystification (1987)
0%
0 0%
Out of the Abyss (1988)
0%
0 0%
The Courts of Chaos (1990)
0%
0 0%
Other (specify)
0%
0 0%
Total 15 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Manilla Road / Hellwell (US)
Shamefully, I have only started to become familiar with Manilla Road over the last year...so I have not heard much. But I have liked what I have heard.
Visit this user's website
Quote this message in a reply

New Hellwell coming in April on HRR.
Does anyone have the recent release of the Dreams of Eschaton version of Mark of the Beast? How does it compare?
(02-02-2017, 07:26 AM)Phantasm Wrote:

New Hellwell coming in April on HRR.

I enjoyed the last one and was wondering whether to pick this up too?
FinalShawn wrote:From that list, I chose Death...

Instagram @dutch_steel

Don't think that one is out yet. Someone close to the band was posting on NWN saying it was excellent; Randy Foxe on the LP as drums.
Check their official facebook; There's a recent video of them jamming "the Ninth Wave" with Randy Foxe on drums. He's still sharp as a fucking tack. Those drum fills!!!
(03-30-2017, 11:18 AM)Phantasm Wrote: Check their official facebook; There's a recent video of them jamming "the Ninth Wave" with Randy Foxe on drums. He's still sharp as a fucking tack. Those drum fills!!!

I watched that as well. Holy shit that was great. True talent behind the kit right there.
I just saw that Josh Castillo left the band. He was a pretty fucking cool dude when we met in 2015. I guess being a family man has its priorities.

Everyone seems to be leaving bands lately. There's not much money to be made in most American tours.
New Hellwell CD is available for order in the Manilla Road webshop.
The middle section of "To Serve Man" off that new Hellwell sounds like something straight off Out of the Abyss; haven't heard Mark sing like that on anything since.
Although it was available worldwide as of 1985, Open the Gates was first released domestically in 1984. That's according to the man himself.
(04-10-2017, 06:37 AM)Painkiller Wrote: Although it was available worldwide as of 1985, Open the Gates was first released domestically in 1984. That's according to the man himself.

I did not know this! Cool!
Manilla Road to be releasing To Kill a King on June 30, 2017.
Not bad.

Feel free to use this thread to also discuss Hellwell.