Quick Search (Advanced)
Browse Bands: Heavy Metal | Speed/Power/Progressive Metal | Thrash Metal | Black Metal | Death Metal | Doom Metal | Miscellaneous

Kataklysm (CA)
With the announcement of a new album 'Meditations' that will be released in April 2018 it's about time Kataklysm gets a thread here.They exist since the early 90's!

Quote this message in a reply
I haven't heard of this band in a long time, I may have to give them a listen when i have the time.
My band projects: Bloody Rage (Extreme Metal, Crust/Hardcore/D-Beat Punk) and Haunted Burial (Traditional Doom Metal)

Quote:Your priorities Are wrong. Your faith Is blind. Crush the weak Uphold the strong. Burn the brains Of mankind.
-Amebix - Fear Of God (1985)
Visit this user's website
KATAKLYSM have completed work on their new album, "Meditations", due later in the year (April) via Nuclear Blast. The 10-song disc was produced by the band's guitarist Jean-François Dagenais and drummer Oli Beaudoin, and was mixed by Jay Ruston (ANTHRAX, STONE SOUR). Mastering duties were handled by Paul Logus (PANTERA).

The "Meditations" cover artwork, which was created for Ocvlta Designs by Surtsey, who also crafted the artwork for KATAKLYSM's previous record, "Of Ghosts And Gods".
Singer Maurizio Iacono commented: "This is a very personal album to me with old wounds being revisited — I felt a big urge to pour my soul into this release. The boys and I were isolated under the same roof during the writing process, just like we did in the early days... with no worries except having fun, being honest and delivering a serious album that represents us today but respects our past. Our new story is coming and we are eager to share it with you!"

track listing:

01. Guillotine
02. Outsider
03. The Last Breath I'll Take Is Yours
04. Narcissist
05. Born To Kill And Destined To Die
06. In Limbic Resonance
07. And Then I Saw Blood
08. What Doesn't Break Doesn't Heal
09. Bend The Arc, Cut The Cord
10. Achilles Heel