Quick Search (Advanced)
Browse Bands: Heavy Metal | Speed/Power/Progressive Metal | Thrash Metal | Black Metal | Death Metal | Doom Metal | Miscellaneous

Goatwhore (US)
Yesss!!!! My first review on a concert that i actually went to along with a good friend of mine, Billy. Okay so this is a local band that i actually love for like 5-6 years from now. This was my second time attending their concert but this one was epic.

The people around the concert are so friendly. i met about few to couple of the people there. Their actually cool to be around with and chilling with no matter during the show or aft3rward, they will introduce themselves and you have alot to talk about with that person you attend the concert with. Also every concert you go to around the NOLA (New Orleans, LA) metal scene, they immediately know who you are. Heck, people know who you are just like a neighborhood from 30 years ago except in the metal concert. Oh and watch out for drunk people there too. we all know how they are lol. Mosh pit was cool too. I was in it for like five minutes and i was having a lot of fun thanks to my experiences in martial art. If like someone fall down, most people there will likely to help you up like myself.

I didn't get to see all the guests on Goatwhore show, but when i arrived, i don't who the band are but they seem to play something similar to Cannibal Corpse or something, but had a little jam with them but who cares it's all about Goatwhore. During the show, lead vocalist, Ben Fogast, interact with his fans during his perform. Which is a good sign right there and i like how they do that because they care about their fans rather than treated them like crap like some other bands do.

In this concert, they give out free CDs to everyone that attended the CD release concert. That is a greatest thing that I've ever seen the band do. Every bands should take that example and put it as their future of getting more fans of their bands.

Other than that, i've talked to every members of Goatwhore, they are really cool and they more interactive with their fans. I hope that more people will find this band awesome when they discovered them for the first time.

for the rating of this concert i've went to, our give it a 10 out of 10.

Bonus: Enjoy the pics i've taken picture of.

My band page:
Bloody Rage Bandcamp
Bloody Rage SoundCloud

My Band's Blog page:
Bloody Rage Main Site

Quote:Your priorities Are wrong. Your faith Is blind. Crush the weak Uphold the strong. Burn the brains Of mankind.
-Amebix - Fear Of God (1985)
Visit this user's website
Quote this message in a reply
THAT WAS A FUCKIN AWESOME SHOW! Goatwhore rules,and I'm honored to have met them too! Hand And i found out the band we saw opening was called The Void. Great review,i look forward to seeing more from You,and i had a blast seeing them at this show at Southport Hall with You! I got many pics from the show too,check 'em out!

https://www.facebook.com/events/735803049804367/
"There'll be hell to pay,I'm Back" King Diamond

Check out my metalsploitation(heavy metal horror) movie/soundtrack column at Horrormetalsounds.com.

http://www.horrormetalsounds.com

Goatwhore has a new called Vengeful Ascension. It was released a few months ago.
My thought on Vengeful Ascension: I think their last album from 2014 is way better than Vengeful Ascension because i feel that Vengeful Ascension is watered down version of the band. It's feels like that I'm listening to another band than Goatwhore itself. Hopefully they learn from this album if they're producing another album in the future. It's like a meh for me.
My band page:
Bloody Rage Bandcamp
Bloody Rage SoundCloud

My Band's Blog page:
Bloody Rage Main Site

Quote:Your priorities Are wrong. Your faith Is blind. Crush the weak Uphold the strong. Burn the brains Of mankind.
-Amebix - Fear Of God (1985)
I didn't think Vengeful Ascension was that bad. I liked it. Not their best album, but still good to me.