Quick Search (Advanced)
Browse Bands: Heavy Metal | Speed/Power/Progressive Metal | Thrash Metal | Black Metal | Death Metal | Doom Metal | Miscellaneous

Poll: Favorite Heavy Metal Album of 1985?
This poll is closed.
Accept (DE) - Metal Heart
13.33%
2 13.33%
Angel Witch (UK) - Screamin' n' Bleedin'
0%
0 0%
Anthem (JP) - Anthem
6.67%
1 6.67%
Dio (US) - Sacred Heart
13.33%
2 13.33%
Grim Reaper (UK) - Fear No Evil
0%
0 0%
Loudness (JP) - Thunder in the East
20.00%
3 20.00%
Mötley Crüe (US) - Theatre of Pain
0%
0 0%
Saxon (UK) - Innocence Is no Excuse
0%
0 0%
Twisted Sister (US) - Come Out and Play
6.67%
1 6.67%
W.A.S.P. (US) - The Last Command
0%
0 0%
Other (specify)
40.00%
6 40.00%
Total 15 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Favorite Heavy Metal Album of 1985?
1984 unloaded a shit ton of records but so did 1985

Speed & Thrash Metal was getting even more popular with releases from Anthrax, Megadeth, Hallows Eve, Slayer, Kreator, Exciter, Artillery and so on.

the NWOBHM movement was on life support trying to stay alive with releases like the return's of Angel Witch with Screamin n' Bleedin & Blitzkrieg with A Time of Changes, Savage's Hyperactive, Avenger's Killer Elite Grim Reaper's Fear No Evil Tyton's Rough Justice & Venom's Possessed.

but on the mainstream side of things sleazy "Glam" metal was still all the rage with stuff like Ratt's Invasion of Your Privacy, Mötley Crüe's Theatre of Pain & Dokken's Under Lock & Key, Accept has stayed in the US market with the somewhat good Metal Heart, W.A.S.P. is been getting more attention due to the controversial promotion of the PMRC (can be seen in that veiw), Twisted Sister released their weakest yet somewhat enjoyable Come Out and Play, Dio's Sacred Heart but the album would be the last for guitarist Vivian Campbell who having tension with Ronnie James Dio. however on the land of the rising Sun japan was getting abit more attention with Loudness hitting big time in the US market with Thunder in the East and new band Anthem was getting underground attention thanks to record label Restless Records.

while i really like Saxon's Innocence is No Excuse, when it was released it got looked down apon with shame.

other good albums that were released in 1985 are 220 Volt's Mind Over Muscle, Alien Force's Hell or High Water, Angeles del Infierno's Diabolicca, Assassin's Liscence to Kill, Axe Witch's Hooked on High Heels, Axis (US)'s Slightly Tilted, Beast's Like Living in a Cage, Black Tears The Slave, Breaker (DE)'s Dead Rider, Crossfire's Second Attack, Crystal Knight's self title only album, Dark Wizard's Reign of Evil, Ded Engine's self title debut, Fact's Without Warning, Fisc's Break Out, FN Guns Nightmare, Gravestone's Back to Attack, Halloween's Don't Metal with Evil, Hanover Fist's self title debut, Headhunter's self title only album, Headstone's Excalibur, Iron Angel's Hellish Crossfire, Mad Butcher's Metal Lightning Attack, Mercy's Witchburner, Obús's Pega con fuerza, Ostrogoth's Too Hot, Philadelphia's Search and Destroy, Railway's Railway II, Restless's We Rock the Nation, Running Wild's Branded and Exiled, Saigon's One Must Die, Scavenger's Battlefields, Seduce's self title debut, Sinner's Touch of Sin, Stainless Steel's In Your Back, Stators ...Never Too Late, Steeler's Rulin' the Earth, Talon's Never Look Back, Thor's El Pacto, Trash's Burnin' Rock, Tyran' Pace's Long Live Metal, Universe's self title only album, Vampyr's Cry Out for Metal, Vice Human's Metal Attack, Victim's DMN, Voodoo Child's Adrenaline & Warrior's Fighting for the Earth.

so what is my pick?....thaught long and hard but one album came to mind and that is CROSSFIRE'S! Second Attack, a criminally underrated metal album that fires on all corners but it does end on an emotional note but done in a Scorpions like way.

if you felt like a album was left out you can always vote for option #11 (Other (specify)). go and VOTE!.

1. Accept (DE) - Metal Heart

2. Angel Witch (UK) - Screamin' n' Bleedin'

3. Anthem (JP) - Anthem

4. Dio (US) - Sacred Heart

5. Grim Reaper (UK) - Fear No Evil

6. Loudness (JP) - Thunder in the East

7. Mötley Crüe (US) - Theatre of Pain

8. Saxon (UK) - Innocence is No Excuse

9. Twisted Sister (US) - Come Out and Play

10. W.A.S.P. (US) - The Last Command

Quote:Juiceman (Dopeman that's my shit) to be a dopeman you gotta qualify don't get high off ya own supply

http://nastymetalproductions.forcesofsteel.com/
X-Morta/Bandcamp.com
NastyMetalProdcuctions/YouTubeChannel
HeavyThrashhed/Soundcloud.com
Visit this user's website
Quote this message in a reply
Dio here, first four albums are all great imo and i haven't picked any Dio so far so there you go.
FinalShawn wrote:From that list, I chose Death...

Instagram @dutch_steel

Fate's Warning's Spectre Within and Manilla Road's Open the Gates should be in contention here. My vote is Spectre I think.
Come Out and Play of Twisted Sister for me.Some albums in the list are half good,some I hardly know and what's left I just don't like.
UPHeadbanger

Instagram @dutch_steel

A tie between Manilla Road and Omen. Angel Witch would've been my top pick from your list.
(11-07-2016, 05:21 PM)Painkiller Wrote: A tie between Manilla Road and Omen. Angel Witch would've been my top pick from your list.
I thought for sure you would have gone for the Anthem S/T, well that or the Loudness album.

Instagram @dutch_steel

For me, my favorite from 85 would be a two way tie of Warrior - Fighting For The Earth and Armored Saint - Delirious Nomad. But you can't forget the two Anthrax releases from that year or the two Slayer records. (I know this blurs the line with thrash, but what the hey...)
(11-07-2016, 07:07 PM)Too Dark Park Wrote: I thought for sure you would have gone for the Anthem S/T, well that or the Loudness album.
Those albums kick ass and can be considered masterpieces, but neither are my absolute favorites.

Seikima II (聖飢魔II) is worth mentioning. Excellent release.
All them are excellent albums, but my vote goes to one that isn't in the list: Running wild's Branded and Exiled. Amazing example of the Judas Priest's influence worked through german way!
"There ain't no way to stop us
and you'll never kill our pride
'cause it's not only music
it's a chosen way of life!"
Thunder in the East. It has really catchy songs. An excellent album from 1985.
Even if I really enjoy "Thunder In The East", I opted for "Anthem". It's a very energetic release, with songs such as "Warning Action" or "Wild Anthem" !
Running Wild "Branded and Exiled"

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Favorite Heavy Metal Album of 1986? Painkiller 8 204 12-21-2017, 12:40 PM
Last Post: Too Dark Park
  Favorite Heavy Metal Album of 1984? Heavy Thrashhead 17 634 12-04-2017, 02:11 PM
Last Post: MatatabiTheBest
  Favorite Heavy Metal Album of 1983? Heavy Thrashhead 16 655 12-04-2017, 02:09 PM
  Favorite Heavy Metal Album of 1982? Heavy Thrashhead 10 453 12-04-2017, 02:07 PM
  Favorite Heavy Metal Album of 1981? Heavy Thrashhead 11 521 12-04-2017, 02:04 PM