Quick Search (Advanced)
Browse Bands: Heavy Metal | Speed/Power/Progressive Metal | Thrash Metal | Black Metal | Death Metal | Doom Metal | Miscellaneous

Poll: Death metal favourite style?
This poll is closed.
OSDM
35.14%
13 35.14%
Brutal/Slam/Grind death
8.11%
3 8.11%
Prog/Tech death
8.11%
3 8.11%
Death/doom
13.51%
5 13.51%
Death/black
13.51%
5 13.51%
Death/thrash
21.62%
8 21.62%
Melodeath
0%
0 0%
Total 37 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Death Metal !!!!!!!!
So I could not find a poll for this, vote for your favourite death metal styles! Big Grin

OSDM + Brutal/slam/grind + Death/thrash for me. Melodeath is ehhhhh but I like some deathblack and prog/tech death.. Doom death dunno many I like other then Paradise Lost but yep anyway lol.

x OSDM
x Brutal/Slam/Grind death
x Prog/Tech death
x Death/doom
x Death/black
x Death/thrash
x Melodeath
Quote this message in a reply
Where's War Metal at? Unless it's death/black in another word.

i liked OSDM = Possessed, Massacre, and Master, Death/Black = Satanic Warmaster, Summon and Belphegor, Death/Doom, and Death/Thrash = Sadus, Slaughter.
My band page:
Bloody Rage Bandcamp
Bloody Rage SoundCloud

My Band's Blog page:
Bloody Rage Main Site

Quote:Your priorities Are wrong. Your faith Is blind. Crush the weak Uphold the strong. Burn the brains Of mankind.
-Amebix - Fear Of God (1985)
Visit this user's website
(09-21-2015, 06:59 PM)MetalSamurai1014 Wrote: Where's War Metal at? Unless it's death/black in another word.
I believe you just answered your own question. Laugh

Anyway, I voted for old school death metal, black/death metal, black/doom metal, and black/thrash metal. I can't stand a lot of brutal death metal or the Gothenburg style of death metal.
Death Doom is my favourite style , love old swedish death metal too.
No to brutal death, tech death and im not even sure what melodeath is.
The rest I all like.
FinalShawn wrote:From that list, I chose Death...

Instagram @dutch_steel

OSDM,Brutal/Slam/Grind and Death/Thrash for me.I do like the other styles aswell,only not just as much as the three I voted for.
old school dm gets my vote
Prog/Tech death for me. Nothing beats Atheist, Archspire, Cynic, Decapitated, Nocturnus, etc. in my opinion
I couldn't pick a favorite between OSDM and blackened death, so I went with both.
A lot of death metal mixed with progressive metal tends to bore me. I used to like those later Death albums a lot, but have now found them rather lackluster and sterile.
I like all of it, but prefer the brutal/slam variety.
Brutal and techdeath are the only two on here I don't really like much at all, with a few exceptions. I don't care for melodeath much either. But for me it would be OSDM = Blackened Death > Death/Doom > Death/Thrash > Melodeath > Techdeath > Brutal/Slam
OSDM all the way. I like bits and pieces of the others mentioned, but for my blood nothing tops old Entombed, Amorphis, Death, Dismember, etc
My favourite style of death metal is easily that 90s-esque tech/prog death (Atheist, Cynic, later Death, etc.) I'm not really enamoured with modern techdeath at all, but the older stuff I generally dig.
I'll always prefer the technical bands closer to Demilich's style in that regard, but Meshuggah or Necrophagist? Puke
Meshuggah's technicality is vastly overrated imo, but yeah I agree that they're awful.
Fear Factory is also quite shit. I never understood the appeal of Strapping Young Lad or Devin Townsend. Enlighten me...?
Don't ask me. I don't like them! Laugh