Quick Search (Advanced)
Browse Bands: Heavy Metal | Speed/Power/Progressive Metal | Thrash Metal | Black Metal | Death Metal | Doom Metal | Miscellaneous

Combat Records (US)
Most of us collectors into old school heavy metal have come across albums issued under Combat Records. Bands such as Venom, Megadeth, Dark Angel, Forbidden, Heathen, Death, Possessed, Oz, Raven, Helloween, Agent Steel, and Tokyo Blade are some of the most notable.

I own several albums from this label. In fact, I'll probably take a picture of all the Combat Records releases that I own (it's not massive, but there are some great ones, regardless).

Also, I got an awesome split live album called Ultimate Revenge 2, which features Dark Angel, Raven, Death, Faith or Fear, and Forbidden.
Visit this user's website
Quote this message in a reply
i own about two albums that was released under the Combat Records label, the first one being Talas's "Live" High Speed on Ice" and Agony's "The First Defiance", plus, this record label is one of my favourites, there really is not a bad album that was released under the label, they had a much more consistent catalogue then their bigger competition (Metal Blade Records), i though wished that they were still arround, but they probably would have had some shitty "cough NU-METAL cough" band, anyways, an awesome label.
Quote:Juiceman (Dopeman that's my shit) to be a dopeman you gotta qualify don't get high off ya own supply

http://nastymetalproductions.forcesofsteel.com/
X-Morta/Bandcamp.com
NastyMetalProdcuctions/YouTubeChannel
HeavyThrashhed/Soundcloud.com
I own several albums aswell,Forbidden ofcourse Cool and Agent Steel are the ones that comes to mind.
(03-05-2014, 02:28 AM)Painkiller Wrote: Most of us collectors into old school heavy metal have come across albums issued under Combat Records. Bands such as Venom, Megadeth, Dark Angel, Forbidden, Heathen, Death, Possessed, Oz, Raven, Helloween, Agent Steel, and Tokyo Blade are some of the most notable.

Wow! Some of those names brought back many good memories. I remember sporting a Raven shirt it was the art from Nothing Exceeds and I had Darkness Descends and Seven Churches on vinyl. Oz was cool, remember an old pal at the time playing their first l.p. for me it wasn't bad at all! Agent Steel, Helloween, Heathen yup knew those bands right there.
SLOWLY getting back into collecting.. buying tapes for now
Killer Combat commercial from the Ultimate revenge video:

That dude at 01:53 on the right that throws the horns up I met once in front of L'Amour it sunk into me after we chatted and I said your the fucker on the video haha yeah that's me he said.
Don't have any money at all to buy any albums. Once I get my first job, I'll start buying some. That live album sounds awesome, by the way. I'll listen to it, tonight.
I've always considered Combat to be one of the big four when metal started getting legit exposure. Metal Blade, Noise and Roadrunner were right there alongside Combat.
Looks like it's coming back. First, Noise Records, and now Combat Records.
Quote:EMP Label Group, the U.S.-based label of MEGADETH bassist David Ellefson has announced the relaunch of Combat Records, the seminal punk/thrash label that started MEGADETH's career.

Most will remember Combat as one of the seminal thrash labels of the 1980s, their most prominent artist being, of course, MEGADETH. Combat was also home to HELSTAR, CIRCLE JERKS, EXODUS, NUCLEAR ASSAULT and many of the most influential metal and punk bands of all time.

After a handful of ownership changes and attempted reboots, Combat went dormant in the mid-2000s, the catalog got absorbed by Sony, and the label itself ceased to exist. In 2016, Ellefson, with his partner Thom Hazaert from EMP Label Group, did the due diligence to research and acquire the intellectual property for the Combat Records brand, and bring it home to the EMP family.

With the utmost respect to the legacy of the past, Combat will relaunch in 2018 as an imprint of EMP Label Group, releasing not only new records from classic thrash and metal artists, but as a home for new and up-and-coming artists as well. The first tentative Combat releases in 2018 will be the North American release of the upcoming studio album from legendary NWOBHM titans RAVEN, a limited-edition classic B-sides release from HELSTAR (both original Combat artists) and new releases from Connecticut hardcore/metal staples DEAD BY WEDNESDAY and '80s progressive thrash favorites WRATH.

Says Ellefson: "Today is a really exciting day, as after over a year, it was finally announced the we will be relaunching the legendary Combat Records as a new label through EMP Label Group.

"So excited and honored to be able to revive such an iconic brand that was so instrumental to my history.

"Even though we signed to Capitol after 'Killing Is My Business', Combat's logo was on all the MEGADETH releases through 'Countdown To Extinction', and it truly was/is one of the most iconic metal labels of all time, even being home to some of the other artists who would end up on the EMP roster, like HELSTAR. The same independent spirit that drove Combat in those early days is truly the same spirit that drives what we do with EMP, and we are honored to launch another amazing conduit to support new and established metal artists, with great respect to the legacy of the past.

"And to clarify, we do not own any rights to the Combat back catalog. That is owned, and controlled by Sony, and they have done a great job of curating it through other imprints. Combat Records will solely focus on NEW releases under the Combat banner. As always, thank you for your support, and stay tuned for more details!"

Combat will be distributed through EMP Label Group, via Amped Distribution in North America, and SPV in Europe.
this is my response to this news.

Quote:Juiceman (Dopeman that's my shit) to be a dopeman you gotta qualify don't get high off ya own supply

http://nastymetalproductions.forcesofsteel.com/
X-Morta/Bandcamp.com
NastyMetalProdcuctions/YouTubeChannel
HeavyThrashhed/Soundcloud.com
Excellent news! I read about this on Facebook first.