Quick Search (Advanced)
Browse Bands: Heavy Metal | Speed/Power/Progressive Metal | Thrash Metal | Black Metal | Death Metal | Doom Metal | Miscellaneous

As I continue to tweak our classic layout and enhance some of our core features, I'm curious to inquire about how smoothly your browsing experience is. Is there too much or not enough of something that's inhibiting your overall enjoyment? Anything loading too slow on your end? Is the color scheme fine on your end? What should I add to or remove from the navigation panels? Are the embedded YouTube videos consuming too much of your system's memory? The list goes on.

Kindly let me know your thoughts, and I'll try to do better next time. Thanks in advance.
Visit this user's website
Quote this message in a reply
Just some minor complaints..
1) When I buy a button it takes me to a blank page, however I hit the back button and I see it added in my collection. This can be confusing to new members, could you fix this please?
2) If you want make it easier to naviagate forums sections on top, give us more power while viewing a post or profile. And maybe take down the annoying guest reminder from the right because it interferes when I try to login.
I have the same issue with buying badges but otherwise everything is good here.

(04-08-2016, 04:23 AM)Sea of Madness Wrote: Just some minor complaints..
1) When I buy a button it takes me to a blank page, however I hit the back button and I see it added in my collection. This can be confusing to new members, could you fix this please?
2) If you want make it easier to naviagate forums sections on top, give us more power while viewing a post or profile. And maybe take down the annoying guest reminder from the right because it interferes when I try to login.
1. The blank page issue will be eventually sorted out. It has to do with a certain action in the plugin file.

2. I'll look into making the header more suitable for convenient browsing. I doubt most people scroll down to the footer and select other forums to jump to. As far the guest reminder thing goes, I won't remove it, but I'll reposition it.

Thanks for your suggestions.
Visit this user's website
Old thread but I'd like to share my browsing experiences. First and foremost, my dumbphone is my only source of connectivity. Recently I found a really cool Android app called Termux which emulates a Linux terminal on your phone, thus turning it into a modest little computer.

Being an all-text terminal, I've downloaded a few all-text browsers which I've been browsing FoS regularly on. Out of the three available browsers found on the Termux repository (lynx, w3m, and elinks), I can say without a doubt w3m does the best job translating the site into all text. Pages load stupidly quick (even on 8KB/s throttled) and everything is easily navigable.

Granted, I lose a few key features like quoting and font formatting seeing how w3m uses the vi(m) text editor, but I really don't mind.

I know a lot of work has been going into upgrading the look of FoS, but I thought I might want to share my spartan browsing experiences with other members who either have limited hardware or prefer minimalist browsing.
D.S. look out for me!