Quick Search (Advanced)
Browse Bands: Heavy Metal | Speed/Power/Progressive Metal | Thrash Metal | Black Metal | Death Metal | Doom Metal | Miscellaneous

Quick Reply  Post Reply 
Amazon.com Discogs eBay YouTube

Giving Thanks to Posts (Reputation System)

06-17-2017, 11:05 PM
Just thought I'd make a quick announcement about this subject. The ability to thank other members' posts and receive their thanks in return for one of your own can be a nice feeling, but I would recommend not giving them out too often, especially if you're only doing so because you're friends with someone or their post was only composed in three seconds.

Instead, consider this a privilege to show the actual contributors who took their time to put together a well-constructed post that added a lot of depth to the current discussion. You could also reserve it for the posts that contain a message that you highly agree with.

It's a convenient feature that doesn't require directly replying to a post, but once again, don't abuse it for the sake of social media whoring. Go do that over there. Your post just has to be INTERESTING. If it's just an album cover or a really lame post that has no rhyme or reason, then that's just too easy, and those kinds of posts shouldn't be eligible for such a feature that's meant to compliment the contributors themselves. Shitposting has no value.

Forum Rules | Country Abbreviations Reference | Bandcamp & SoundCloud Codes
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-17-2017, 11:11 PM
Well said. I don't think I have gave someone thanks only because they are my friend or a post that was only made in 3 seconds.

06-17-2017, 11:27 PM
I've given thanks to those that I agree with, or find their post to be good, or funny, etc. I definitely agree though. Great post. Much thanks, big wow, yuge deal. Smile
06-18-2017, 12:21 AM
It's not that bad over here, but I've browsed other forums where the feature is abused to hell and back. It does carry the side effect of catering too much to a particular clique, but as long as they're distributed when a post calls for it, then the basis was that the post itself had something of worthwhile value.

Forum Rules | Country Abbreviations Reference | Bandcamp & SoundCloud Codes
06-18-2017, 04:40 PM
I don't even really use it much lol

A forum without trolls is like a city without whores.

http://www.cra*ons.com/
06-21-2017, 01:43 PM
I can see why you did this but having to second guess myself when using a forum has lessened my enjoyment.

FinalShawn wrote:From that list, I chose Death...
Find all posts by this user
Today, 06:58 AM
(06-21-2017 01:43 PM)Too Dark Park Wrote:  I can see why you did this but having to second guess myself when using a forum has lessened my enjoyment.

Same here.
This isn't facebook or any other social media platform where a thanks or a like is important for the ones who gets a thanks/like.
I don't see any problems to give thanks for just an album cover posted if you like the album too.

Malevolence Records
Find all posts by this user
Quick Reply  Post Reply 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
15,000 Posts! Painkiller 0 163 05-09-2015 09:10 AM
Last Post: Painkiller

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.